MN Design Studio, who dressed this 230-sqm modern-contemporary unit like it was headed to the Oscars. Mauro was given full creative freedom with this three-storey and three-bedroom unit in a low-rise property in Makati. His team, MN Design Studio consists of none other than his wife Bianca Buenafe-Nepomuceno. For this project though, it was Mauro and Bianca taking the lead. Mauro had all of the unit’s furniture and finishing pieces custom-made. From lighting fixtures to pillowcases and down to the pillows themselves, Mauro and Bianca designed the items, scouted for suppliers and shopped for materials just to give the family the best and most unique pieces. “We were talking to 10 different suppliers,” says Mauro. “I’m a huge fan of symmetry,” says interior designer Mauro who is known for his architectural design style. Making an open floor plan for the living and dining room required the design to have shared materials, textures, and shapes. One of the main features of the living room is the couch’s framing with hanging pendant lights. The structure adds form and personality to the room. While lighting pieces are often an overlooked element in designing units, Mauro thinks lights are everything. “I look at a space and wonder where lighting would be least expected and I place it there.” When designing the family’s personal spaces, the designer brought out more of the personality of each family member. “Green,” says the owner on his son’s only request for his bedroom. As for the color combinations and mixing fabrics around the whole unit, Mauro credits Bianca for her eye in color and texture. In the master’s bedroom upstairs, the couple asked for a king-sized bed which Mauro placed in with custom-made beddings. The room is stylish but also comfortable enough to sleep in, especially since the owners are fond of traveling and are used to staying in hotels. On the third floor is the owner’s daughter’s room. “Pink,” laughs the owner on what his daughter requested for her room. The daughter’s room also features a loft since it has a high ceiling. “We gave her a lot of space in case she wanted friends over for sleepovers,” shares the owner. The curtains, duvets, pillow covers and even the bed sheet were custom-made. A graphic wall was also installed in her bedroom, which was only supposed to be painted until Mauro realized how amazing it would be when embossed. Give it to husband and wife duo behind MN Design Studio Mauro and Bianca to perfect a unit from scratch. “The unit was already existing, it just needed to be needed to be dressed up,” shares Mauro. Since 96% of the unit was customized, we asked where they got the other 4% of the modern-contemporary unit’s pieces, Mauro laughs and says, “Azcor, Our Home, Landmark, Decoliving, Keystone, and Dapitan Arcade!” This story first appeared on CondoLiving 2015 Vol. 10.5. Edits have been made for CondoLiving.OneMega.com.